Wednesday 30 April 2014

Wheels and Deals Hug of the Week….ANN FAIRLEY, RAISING AWARENESS AND FUNDING FOR COLON CANCER CANADA!

FROM CANADA’S HUGGABLE CAR DEALER… THE JIM GILBERT’S WHEELS AND DEALS HUG OF THE WEEK GOES TO… ANN FAIRLEY, RAISING AWARENESS AND FUNDING FOR COLON CANCER CANADA !! JOIN ANN JUNE 8th AT O’DELL PARK, FOR THE “PUSH FOR YOUR TUSH” WALK AND RUN !! REGISTER NOW AT PUSH-FOR-YOUR-TUSH-DOT-C-A !!
Date: Sunday, June 8th, 2014
Location: Odell Park
The walk will go to Rookwood Avenue, across Woodstock Road and onto the green and return, using Fredericton Pedway system
Registration: 9am
Walk / Run Start: 10am
Family Fun Day Start: 10am
Features: The Happy Baker providing tush cookies, Shawn Tucker will be signing autographs and showing car #52, last year’s second place car on the Maritime Pro Stock Tour, facepainting, BBQ
On March 8 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage Four Colon Cancer. I was forty two years old. Though I had a family history of this disease, I mistakenly believed I didn’t need to be screened until I was older. When I began feeling frequently fatigued and then experiencing minor symptoms, I mistakenly assumed it was a normal part of getting older. Unfortunately, my assumptions cost me dearly as I ignored my symptoms until the cancer was in six of my internal organs and I was Stage Four. Now my doctors have told me that I will be need chemotherapy for the rest of my life. So to help save others from my fate, I want to shine a bright spotlight on Colon Cancer awareness. I want to help save lives! So I’m planning the first Push for Your Tush, a national walk/run event in support of Colon Cancer Canada, for my hometown of Fredericton, New Brunswick. Twenty three thousand people across Canada will be diagnosed in the coming year and 9000 of them will die from a disease that’s 90% preventable and highly curable when detected early. Push for Your Tush in Fredericton will raise the awareness so people are talking about colon cancer and the importance of early screening. Now that my cancer has made it so I am not able to work, I plan to redirect the passion I always brought to my career to fighting this disease. I’m determined to still have a purpose and do something with my time that will improve the lives of others. If a single person’s life is saved from the increased awareness that a Push for Your Tush Walk/Run will create in Fredericton, I will feel like I saved someone from the hardship I’ve had to go through. An added benefit, as Colon Cancer Canada is a small charity with Colon Cancer as its focus, any monies raised in Fredericton will have a huge impact. I know that special Fredericton spirit and I know the community I grew up in will help me make a big difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment